From:
ann molineux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 2 Dec 2004 14:19:34 -0600
Hi Anya,

Good question. We have been tracking the use of a new set of 98 discovery
drawers filled with invertebrate fossils within our new Hall of Geology
exhibit. So far we have been limited to regular but limited checking of the
condition of specimens and ad hoc comments on drawer use by the full-time
paleo-preparator-educators whose station is close by.
The comments are kept as notes on an excel 'map' of the drawers and
periodic printouts enable us to take care of specific problems.
We have been trying to raise funds to do a more formal study, with
questionnaires and longer time observation of behavior at the drawers. In
addition we intend to send teachers more specific information about how
they can make use the exhibit before they come to the Museum.
I should be interested to hear if anyone has already made such studies, I
could not find any material when I wrote the proposal earlier this year.

cheers
ann

At 12:00 PM 12/2/2004, you wrote:
>Does anyone know of any research that has been conducted on exhibition
>resource rooms or education spaces that addresses their effectiveness,
>visitation, etc.? Any feedback from visitors would be nice as well.
>
>Thank you,
>Anya Montiel
>
>Anya Montiel
>Curator of Collections
>Tohono O'odham Nation Cultural Center and Museum
>P.O. Box 837
>Sells, AZ 85634
>phone: 520-383-0212
>fax: 520-383-2872

>Important Subscriber Information:
>
>The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
>message to [log in to unmask] . The body of the message should
>read "help" (without the quotes).

>[log in to unmask] . The body of the message should read
>"Signoff Museum-L" (without the quotes).

Ann Molineux, Ph.D.
Collections Manager
Non-vertebrate Paleontology
Texas Memorial Museum