Date:
Mon, 10 Sep 2001 17:17:17 +0200
the german expression for contemporary ("zeitgenoessisch" with an Umlaut) is real undiluted 18th century  --  mostly for people but also for poetry etc. (Goethe, Lessing, etc.).  It has a beautiful oldfashioned flair but is still going strong (which means that it is very useful and
cannot be replaced easily).

When is/was "today"?.

Christof Wolters