Date:
Sun, 1 May 1994 10:35:05 +0800
Hi Jim,

I was pleased to see your posting requesting the address for the ILVS Review
on the MUSEUM-L.  I spotted your name on a paper you worte with Koran in
ERIC earlier this year, and I wondered where you would appear next.  The
paper was on Visitor learning and Curiosity: A review of current research.
I have a copyu in my filing cabinet...so you at least have made it
exactly to the other side of the planet!

Briefly about myself, I worked with Australia's peak scientific research
organisation...known as the CSIRO on secondment establishing and
operating a science centre in the far north....the Northern Territory
(the state where Ayers Rock is located and at the Top End they filmed
Crocodile Dundee).  In 1991 I completed my Masters at FSU in Tallahassee
as this University has close connections with Ken Tobin, President of
NARST.....a West AUstralian......I have had an interest in learning
in Interactive Science Centres, and spent my Masters investigating
aresearch in such places.  Here in Oz..nobody was in this field at all
and information was scarce.  I spent sometime in London with Arthur Lucas
and also speaking with Paulette McManus..this was on the way from Perth
to Talla.

I am now 33% into my PhD here at the Key Centre investigating learning
at the Interactive Science Centre in Perth...called Scitech.  More
importantly, I will be in Florida in August, and entered a paper
to present at Visitor Studies COnference in late July.  I would
like to hear from you to learn what you are doing.  I presuem from
my leiterature collection that you are still with Koran...or have
you finished?  I note that that Lyn Dierking is now working with JOhn Falk
in Annapolis, and I hope to visit in September.

Looking forward to hearing from you and what you are now doing

Best wishes,

Terry McClafferty
Doctoral Student
National Key Centre for School Science and Mathematics
Curtin University of Technology
Perth, Western Australia

Email:  [log in to unmask]