From:
Date:
Thu, 21 Jan 1999 07:49:29 -0800
Apologies for cross-posting. I thought that this was important for others
to know about.

> [...]
>found on the pages.  Please direct any additions or corrections to my
>attention:  [log in to unmask]

>Just for Fun
>     * Archaeology: Juvenile Bibliography. (Inez Ramsey, James Madison
>        University)
>     * Archaeology in Fiction Bibliography (Anita Cohen-Williams)
>     * Prehistoric Fiction compiled by Steve Trussel.
>Lithic Studies
>     * Projectile Point Types Bibliography by Michael Pfeiffer.
>     * A Projectile Point Use-Wear Bibliography. By John Dockall.
>     * A Methodology of Microwear Analysis: Bibliography. (M.J. Miller)
>     * NELD: The Northeast Lithic Database Bibliography Project (UBWings)
>Historical Archaeology
>     * A Bibliography of Historical Archaeology in North America, north of
>       Mexico by John Cotter, 1998.
>     * Blacksmithing Bibliography for History and Archaeology compiled by
>       David Rotenstein (1986-1997).
>     * The Federation of Historical Bottle Collectors Research Sources.
>     * The Button Book List compiled by Mr. Keith Golden (5/97).
>     * Brick and Tile Bibliography by Kris Hirst. January 2, 1998
>     * Cartridge Identification Bibliography by Michael Pfeiffer.
>     * Bibliography of Reprinted Historical Catalogs of Use to the
>       Historical Archaeologist compiled by William Hampton Adams.
>     * Bibliography of Ceramic Artifacts compiled by William Hampton Adams
>     * Bibliography - Commodity Flows & National Market Access (W.H. Adams)
>     * Bibliography of Connecticut Historical and Industrial Archaeology
>       prepared by David A. Poirier and Robert R. Gradie
>     * Bibliography of Foodways, Zooarchaeology, and Faunal Identification
>        on Historical Sites compiled by William Hampton Adams
>     * Bibliography of Funeral and Burial Practices in two parts. Part 1.
>       Part 2.
>     * The Fur Trade and Historical Archaeology: A Bibliography (Pfeiffer)
>     * Bibliography of Glass Artifacts (Bottles, Jars, and Flat Glass (Adams)
>     * Bill Hunt's Medicine Bottle Glass Index. Added July 3, 1998.
>     * A Bibliography of the History of Skagway, Alaska and the Klondike
>       Gold Rush. Compiled by William Hampton Adams and David R. Brauner.
>     * A Gunflint Bibliography compiled by K. Kris Hirst.
>     * Bibliography of Guns, Cartridges, and Accouterments (W.H. Adams)
>     * Bibliography of health, hygiene, and medical care relating
>       especially to 19th century military sites.  (W.H. Adams)
>     * Bibliography of Horse Accouterments.  (W.H Adams)
>     * Tanning and Leather Industry: Partial Bibliography of
>       Historical, Archaeological, and Technical Sources.  D.S. Rotenstein.
>     * Leather Resources Bibliography. Not precisely archaeologically
>       focused, but a potentially good source for reference material.
>     * Game Marble Bibliography.
>     * A Bibliography of Military Uniforms, Clothing, Insignia, and
>       Buttons of Use to the Historical Archaeologist compiled (W.H. Adams)
>     * Bibliography of Historical Archaeology, Pacific Northwest. (R.
Sprague)
>     * Canadian Clay Tobacco Pipe Industries. Very nice set of pages
>       about tobacco pipe history and archaeology from Canada (some U.S.)
>     * A Bibliography of Plastic and Rubber Artifacts (W.H. Adams)
>Dating Techniques and Methods
>     * Radiocarbon dating references.
>     * The OCR Carbon Dating Home Page (with bibliography).
>     * Bibliograpy of Dendrochrology by Henri Grissino-Mayer.
>     * Radiocarbon dating Bibliography by K. Kris Hirst.
>     * The Kentucky, Ohio, and West Virginia Radiocarbon Database, by
>       R.F. Maslowski, C.M. Niquette and D.M. Wingfield
>GIS and Remote Sensing Methods
>     * Satellite Archaeology Bibliography. Extensive listing of applications
>        of satellite remote sensing in archaeology by M.J.F. Fowler.
>     * Site Survey Bibliography by Michael Pfeiffer. Revised January 1998
>     * GIS in Archaeology Bibliography. Extensive Web version of a
>       University of Syndey Methods in Archaeology publication. 1995.
>History of Archaeology
>     * History of Archaeology Bibliography by K. Kris Hirst.
>Regional Bibliographies
>   Africa
>     * Annual Egyptological Bibliography. Intl Assoc. of Egyptologists.
>     * Bibliography of the South African Archaeological Bulletin and
>       Goodwin Series prepared by Duncan Miller, University of Cape Town.
>   Asia
>     * Silkroad Foundation Bibliography. Includes archaeology biblio.
>   Caribbean
>     * Bullen Research Library Bibliography of Caribbean Archaeology.
>   Australia and Oceania
>     * Bibliography of West New Britain. By Dorothy Counts.
>     * A Bibliography of Oceanic Art, Ethnography, and Anthropology. (M.
Gunn)
> [...]
>       Selected Bibliography by David R. George
>     * Ethnobotany and Paleoethnobotany (M.F. "Smoke Pfeiffer)
>     * A Selected Phytoliths Bibliography (up to the mid 1980s) M. Boyd.
>Theory Related and Current Issues
>     * Museum Management Bibliography by the National Park Service.
>     * Media Archaeology: Bibliography.
>     * Hunter's Nearest-Neighbor Statistical Analysis Bibliography
>     * Bibliographical Resources in Archaeoastronomy. By David Dearborn.
>     * Biographies of Prominent Anthropologists. Biography page in
>       progress developed by students, currently contains 97 biographies.
>     * Historic Preservation Resources. Exceptional bibliography E.R. Snow
>     * Presenting Archaeology to the Public: Digging for Truths.
>       Integrated bibliography from case studies.
>     * The Looting Question Bibliography. Web and Literary Resources on
>       the Archaeological Politics of Private Collecting, Commercial
>       Treasure Hunting, and "Professional" Archaeology.
>     * Annotated Bibliography for Catastrophism: History, Chronology, and
>       Archaeology prepared by Philip Burns.
>     * Craft Specialization Bibliography by K. Kris Hirst.
>     * The New Worlds of America: A Bibliography of Ethnic Groups in the
>       United States to 1789, by Andrew C. Jelen.
>     * Culture, Ethnicity, and the Archaeological Record. Syracuse
>       University Archaeological Research Center.
>     * Bibliography on Archaeology and Ethnicity. By Richard Lindstrom.
>     * Ethnoarchaeology bibliography compiled by Nicholas David,
>     * Bibliography of Anthropological Research Methods by James Dow.
>     * Hunter-Gatherer Bibliography compiled by James Helmer
>     * Bibliography of Foraging People by Robert Lawless
>     * Theory in Sociocultural Anthropology at Indiana University. Set of
>       summary papers on theoretical paradigms in sociocultural anthropology.
>Special Artifact Classes or General Artifact Studies
>     * Archaeo-Metallurgical Bibliography 1995-1998. By Chris Salter.
>     * History and Archaeology of the Ship by Anthony Nelson
>     * Ceramic Analysis: Course Bibliography.
>     * FCR (Fire-Cracked Rock) Bibliography compiled by William Doleman.
>     * Obsidian-Related Articles and Abstracts by Craig Skinner.
>     * Annotated Bibliography of Southwestern and Native American
>       Religious Shrines, Trails Shrines, Rock Cairns, Stacked Rock
>       Features, and Rock Markers by Brian Kenny
>MA Thesis/PhD Dissertations On-Line
>     * BA Honours Theses, Simon Fraser University, British Columbia,CA
>     * Doctoral Dissertations, Simon Fraser University, British Columbia,
>Human Origins and Related Topics
>     * Neanderthal Bibliography.
>Other Bibliographic Web Sites
>     * AnthroGlobe Anthropology Bibliographies
>     * Annotated Bibliographies at the Southwestern Archaeology Web
>     * On-Line Bibliographies -- The Mining Company Archaeology Guide.
>     * Bibliography Index. University of Sheffield.
>     * Archaeology on the Net: Bibliographies and Documentation.
>     * Anthropological Bibliographies and Research Documents. Department

Anita Cohen-Williams
Listowner of HISTARCH, SUB-ARCH, SPANBORD
Acting Listowner of MUSEUM-L
Contributing Editor, Anthropology page, http://www.suite101.com
http://www.angelfire.com/ca/cohwill/index.html