From:
Robert Mac West <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 14 Mar 2000 21:26:41 EST
Shortly after the decision of the Kansas State Board of Education to remove
evolution from the materials tested in standardized exams (they did not
formally remove evolution from the curriculum but not testing on it is
effectively the same thing), I did a very substantial review of the issue
which I published in The Informal Learning Review, no. 38, September-October
1999. The article is titled "What's going on with Evolution?" In addition to
examining the recent situation in Kansas, I looked at the various current
incarnations of creationism, including a purportedly non-religious version
called "intelligent design." In addition, I did an exhaustive web search for
creationist museums (found 6) and provided a list of URLs that explore the
creation-evolution issue from various (and opposing) perspectives.

Back issues including this article still are available for $10 at
[log in to unmask] I also urge readers to look at the web site of the
National Center for Science Education, an organization dedicated to the
scientific presentation of evolution in schools and other learning venues in
the US (www.natcenscied.org).

Mac West
Informal Learning Experiences, Inc.