From:
Jason Dennison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2006 14:55:13 -0400
I'm posing this question to the group...it appeared on the Museum-Ed listserv this afternoon.

"We are in the process of raising money to publish a catalogue about our permanent collection which would include a selection of African, Oceanic and Pre-Columbian objects.  Our development director has heard that the term "ethnographic" is a no-no.  Has anyone else heard that?  If it is not a politically correct term, does anyone have any alternatives?"

Any thoughts?

Jason A. Dennison

Manager, Educational Initiatives

Cincinnati Museum Center