From:
Harry Needham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 Mar 1999 11:28:03 -0500
Susan;

Your point is a good one.

We DO NOT accept donations with strings attached - of any kind - and the
temporary receipt we give the donor specifies that he/she is assigning ALL
rights associated with the donation to the museum, including the right to
dispose of it in an appropriate manner. We have a policy on disposals that
specifies when and how it can/must be done. I think such a policy is
essential to accountable management.

Harry Needham
Special Advisor - Programme Development
Canadian War Museum
330 Sussex Drive,
Ottawa, Canada
K1A 0M8
Voice: (819) 776-8612  Fax (819) 776-8623
Email: [log in to unmask]