From:
Tim McShane <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Dec 1998 12:07:31 -0500
     I'm no expert on copyright law (I have enough trouble with the
     Canadian Copyright Act, and no knowledge of American copyright laws),
     but it's my understanding that if an organization commissions a
     photographer to make a photograph, copyright is held by the
     organization.

     Can anyone else clarify if copyright is an issue that needs to be
     addressed in this situation?

     Tim McShane
     Parks Canada Curatorial Assistant
     (also, Co-Chair of the Arrow 2000 Project Museum Division)