From:
Paige Roberts <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Apr 2001 14:12:25 -0400
A museum in Richmond, Virginia did an exhibit on slavery a number of years
ago (1992?) that was quite well received. Im sorry I can't remember the name
of the museum (formerly the Museum of the Confederacy?), but I would think
they might be helpful. The National Park Service has been mandated by
Congress to initiate interpretation on the history of the Underground
Railroad in the United States. You may want to check out their web site.
Also the professional magazine published by NPS with articles by a variety
of federaL historians called CRM (cultural resource management) may have had
an issue on this topic; I believe it can also be accessed through the NPS
web site: www.nps.gov.

Good luck!

Paige Roberts, Ph.D.
Executive Director