From:
Ellie Elgin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 17:52:23 -0500
The MidAtlantic Association of Museums is looking for session proposals
Sessions of interest are:

* Allowing for the "Truth" visitors bring with them. . .
* What are we doing to discourage the perpetuation of legends, lore and lies
in out exhibit development, interpretive plans, etc., etc.,
* Is it neccessary to purge all of the legends?
* Dealing with lore passed from one generation of docents / members or
staff.
* Responding effectively to new information and inclusive perspectives that
may alter our view of truth.
* Addressing the mandate to give expression to a more inclusive and diverse
audience.
*Our position of trust in the community / our relationship
* Encouraging an ongoing search for new ideas and perspectives.
* Use of technology: a help or a hinderance
* The accidental techie
* Museum listserv-  What's it all about?

These are just a few ideas that we would be considering and we are sure
there are more.  If you have an idea for a session we encourage you to
submit a proposal.  The proposal form is available on line at
www.MidAtlanticMuseums.org

For more information we can be reached at 410-223-1194 email
[log in to unmask] or fax 410-223-2773