From:
Margaret Lyman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Jun 2001 17:29:33 -0400
I am investigating the purchase of a bag sealer for my museum, and hope for
advise from current owners/operators.  I plan to make bags/enclosures out of
polyethylene,  corrosion intercept (polyethylene based), Tyvek (also
polyethylene based?), Mylar, and possibly polypropylene.  The purchase will
probably be made through a packing supply company since their prices are at
least $100 cheaper than archival supply houses, and I am looking for
something around $200-$300.  No matter where I purchase it, they all sell
"repair kits", making me wonder about their reliability and ease of use.
One option I am looking at is a 6" hand held sealer -has anyone worked with
one of these?  Any advise or observations would be appreciated.

Margaret Lyman, Collections Manager
Mutter Museum of the College of Physicians of Philadelphia
19 South 22nd Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103-3097
215-563-3737 ext. 244
215-561-6477 (fax)