From:
"Peter B. Tirrell" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 11 Nov 1997 08:40:48 -0600
>> Cameron Cavitt wrote:
>> >
>> > Hi to everyone,
>> >
>> > I am currently researching the development of an Object Loan Kit or
>Traveling Trunk program.

Cameron & fellow respondees.  You may be interested in a paper I wrote
"Traveling Exhibits As A Strategy For University-State Museums Of Natural
History", in NATURAL HISTORY MUSEUMS:  DIRECTIONS FOR GROWTH, Texas Tech
University Press,  Lubbock, 1991.  The paper has applications for any
museum starting up an outreach program.  It includes a range of outreach
programs (e.g, trunk type).  I can send you a copy if you wish.  The
strategies and plans that are outlined in the paper are still going
strong at the OMNH, as indicated by my first response, and have been
instrumental in obtaining support for a new facility, now under
construction.

Peter B. Tirrell, Associate Director
Oklahoma Museum of Natural History
The University of Oklahoma
1335 Asp Avenue
Norman, Oklahoma   73019-6071

tel:  (405) 325-1009
fax:  (405) 325-7699

also:  President, The Association of College and University Museums and
Galleries