From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Dec 2002 21:12:44 -0800
If you are relying on public transportation to get
around the city, there's a trick to getting to the
Cloisters.  I found the subway wasn't fraught with all
the boogeymen I'd heard about and a great way to get
around.

But the one place it was disadvantageous to take the
subway was to the Cloisters because the stop was so
far from the museum, and you had to go through a
gorgeous park that left you fairly isolated and
vulnerable.

I learned that it was probably better to take the bus
to the Cloisters rather than the subway because the
bus let you out much closer to the entrance.

--- Tammy Espaillat <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> Try The Cloisters. It is a monastery that was
> brought over piece by piece
> from England and rebuilt in Fort Tryon Park in a
> section called Inwood
> located in the Northern tip of Manhattan. It is
> absolutely breathtaking, and
> at times creepy too. Very dark & ancient looking. Of
> course, don't miss the
> Christmas Tree in Rockefeller Center. It was just
> lit last night. Dress
> warm, it's cold over here.
>
> Have a great time...
>
> --
> Tammy Espaillat
> Sales Executive
> Just Plastics
> 250 Dyckman Street
> New York, NY 10034
> Phone#212-569-8500
> Fax#212-569-6970
> Site- www.justplastics.com

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Indigo Nights

Looking for a Job?  Try Got Links?, Your One-Stop Portal
http://victorian.fortunecity.com/stanmer/414