From:
Kerridwen Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 24 Oct 1994 07:49:03 -0400

>Brethren,
>

>I have just be appointed to the position of IT Manager at
>
>the National Gallery of Australia and desperately need to
>
>make contact with colleagues with similar responsibilities.
>

>Also, could someone please tell me:
>

>     how to make contact with the Museum Computer Network;
>

>     other list that may of interest;
>

>     journals dealing with IT issues in a museum or
>
>     gallery setting; and
>

>     if there are any standards or emerging standards
>
>     for graphical databases.
>

>Thankyou in advance
>

>Col Roberts
>
>Manager Information Technology
>
>National Gallery of Australia
>
>Canberra 2601
>
>Oz

The Museum Computer Network is an ftp site at simsc.si.edu.  You can also
call their Membership office at (301) 585-4413.

I suggest you contact the Art History Information Program of the Getty
regarding imaging standards.  They are at, I believe, [log in to unmask]

Good luck!

Kerridwen Harvet ([log in to unmask])