From:
"Diane M. Zorich" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Apr 1996 09:05:16 -0800
>We are planning to partner with a local organization who are putting on a
>fourth annual cowboy poetry festival.  Our part of the partnership will be
>to put together a display that focuses on the local festival but grounds
>it in the larger cowboy poetry "movement".
>Has anyone out there in museum land put together a similar display?  Is
>there anyone there who may be able to help us with resources (names,
>historical background, etc.)?  This is a Canadian festival, but we're
>aware the movement is now north american in scope, so I'd be interested
>in hearing from both Canadian and U.S. museums.

The William S. Hart Museum (home of silent film star and cowboy William S.
Hart) in Newhall, CA  often is the site of many cowboy poetry get
togethers.  I don't know if the museum sponsors these events or just lets
cowboy poets use the site, but give them a call at 805 254-4584 and ask for
the collections manager, John Cahoon.  He should be able to give you some
contacts.

(Don't ask me how I know about this...)

Diane Zorich