From:
patricia krkland <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Oct 1994 18:13:25 -0500
Once again, let me clarify what is going on!!  There is no Barnes
Collection debate going on off-list to my knowledge.  I simply
utilized a message sent by an acquaintance as a vehicle to obtain her
email address.  We have had problems with our system stripping off the
headers.  Because she did not include an email address and the header
was almost non-existant, I had to make use of what was available in
order to send her information she requested.

I have received any number of similar messages from other list subscribers
and never once has this innocent action provoked such a reaction.  Why
is this one instance creating such a stir?  I have been swamped with
rude, nasty messages concerning this (including suggestions that I
remove myself from Museum-l)  and find myself rather
disillusioned with the supposedly professional members of this list.

Hopefully this will finally clear up this mess.

Patricia Kirkland
University of Nebraska
Dept of Museum Studies