Date:
Mon, 4 Mar 1996 15:51:00 -0700
The Tempe Historical Museum will be putting up a sign/sculptural piece
marking the location of the museum (which unfortunately does not face
the major intersection that would afford us maximum exposure).  For
political reasons too complicated to go into, there will be a dedication
ceremony for the sign, during which a time capsule will be buried in
its base.

Has anyone out in museum land, or beyond ever buried a time capsule?
We have had little success to date finding a company that manufactures
ready-made time capsules.  Of course, we would like something that is
resistant to deterioration with a tight seal to protect the contents.
Any information concerning vendors or any other advise you might like
to share regarding the use of time capsules would be much appreciated.

Please respond to me at: [log in to unmask]

Thanks in advance for your help.  (Given its past track record, I am
confident that someone on this list will come through!)

Amy A. Douglass
Tempe Historical Museum
Tempe, Arizona