From:
"Lisa A. Goodgame" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Jan 1999 16:02:40 -0600
I just finished (like, 5 minutes ago) attending a seminar on handling
works on paper and matting and hinging said works.  The curator, and the
mater/ framer both said wearing gloves while handling unmounted works is
unnecessary.  It actually makes the job a little tougher, and things
tend to slip through your fingers.  Personally, I think it also makes
judgment more difficult, as in how lightly/ strongly you are gripping a
work.  Clean hands are the most important thing.

Lisa Goodgame