From:
Dayna Caldwell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 21 Jan 2014 00:13:41 -0500
Dear Listers,
I am wondering if anyone has been approached by Lap Lambert Publishing? I was recently contacted about publishing my thesis "free of charge." However, upon receiving a link to register, I was asked for birthday,SSN, and asked to select how I would like to receive royalty payments "via Paypal, or bank transfer." This sounds extremely fishy. Just wanted to see if anyone else has dealt with this company. I am copying the first email I received from this company.

"While searching for dissertations and theses from e-libraries, I became aware of the paper you submitted to the Savannah College of Art and Design  as part of your postgraduate degree, entitled "Navajo Textiles: Autonomy and the Marketplace ”. LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing is an international publisher specializing since 2002 in the publication of high-quality dissertations and postdoctoral theses from renowned institutions worldwide.

We were therefore wondering whether you would be keen on publishing the above mentioned work with us. That is to say, upon a successful evaluation of your work, we would make it available in printed form and market it worldwide through our global distributors at no cost to you.

It would be highly appreciated if you could confirm your interest with a reply email and we will send you a detailed brochure.

Sincerely yours,

Emma Collins
Acquisition Editor

LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing is a trademark of:
OmniScriptum GmbH & Co. KG

Heinrich-Böcking-Str. 6-8,
66121, Saarbrücken, Germany

e.collins(at)lap-publishing.com / www.lap-publishing.com

Handelsregister Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRA 10356
Identification Number (Verkehrsnummer): 11868
Partner with unlimited liability: VDM Management GmbH
Handelsregister Amtsgericht Saarbrücken HRB 18918
Managing directors: Thorsten Ohm (CEO)