From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 16 Jan 2002 23:20:42 -0800
I don't want to take this dialogue too far into one of
my many passions--politics--but it bears noting that
the Heritage Foundation is a key advisor to the
current administration.  Memory fails me, but I
believe both Lynn Cheney and Mrs. Clarence Thomas both
work there.

In "my spare time" I am also list mater to a forum
with a heavy dose of politics.  For that reason, I
read many newsletters of multiple skew.  I just
thought I'd let you know that if you are interested in
keeping abreast of issues the Heritage Foundation
feels important (either to concur or oppose them), you
can sign up for their newsletter here:

http://www.heritage.org/

Again, I'm not trying to turn this into a political
debate, just offering you an opportunity to broaden
your perspective and decide for yourself.

--- Explorit Science Center <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
> Oliver Hirch wrote:

> The term "Politically Correct" was, I believe,
> invented by the
> ultra-conservative think tank the Heritage
> Foundation during the 1988
> presidential campaign.   It was a term designed to
> characterizie the
> efforts of many different people in many different
> fields who sought to
> promote the value of ethnic diversity and wrap them
> all up in one neat
> package.  It was meant to conjure a paranoid
> conspiratorial image of
> unsavory radical brown people and feminists plotting
> to destroy Western
> culture.

=====
Indigo Nights