From:
Frank Garvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 1998 21:27:30 -0800
OMNICIRCUS Productions Presents
in  CONCERT - one of the great Sitarists -  HABIB KHAN
and his Ensemble.

Habib Khan is regarded as one of the best sitar players in the country
today. He has carved out a distinct style of his own that blends the
traditional training of his upbringing in a family of classical musicians
with his own imaginative inventions. He has performed extensively all over
the United States and India.

"Ustad Habib Khan's enchanting music stole the audience's heart."
                                                        - Los Angeles Examiner

"Besides virtuosity, Habib Khan's music has the ability to move the audience
emotionally."
                                                        - G.S. Sadchdev, Flutist

HABIB KHAN is pleased to announce a concert at the OMNICIRCUS performance
space.
Performing with him will be -

MATTHEW MONTFORT on scalloped Fretboard Guitar
BEN MAWHORTER on tablas
EMEM on tabla & dumbeck

SATURDAY DECEMBER 5, 1998
at 8 PM

OMNICIRCUS
550 Natoma Street  San Francisco
(entrance on Russ Street, between 6th and 7th streets
and Mission and Howard)

Tickets: sliding scale $8 - $14
INFO: (415) 621-4068

The concert starts promptly at 8pm, and we're asking $8- $14 donation,
sliding scale. No one will be turned away for lack of funds. There will be
a party afterwards FOR THOSE ATTENDING THE CONCERT. The party will be a
great opportunity to hang out with the community of the OMNICIRCUS and meet
the people responsible for this incredible space.

The OMNICIRCUS is a multimedia performance gallery with a permanent
installation of sculpture and paintings by Frank Garvey, and robotics by
Garvey, Aaron Edsinger, Carl Pisaturo and Jeff Weber. The DeusMachina
world-psychedelic music group is in residence at the OMNICIRCUS, as is the
ROBOTIC ENSEMBLE of the OMNICIRCUS, a surrealistic robot red-light district
of performing mechanical actors which includes GOBOY the robot beggar,
PLOWGIRL the robot junkie, and many more escapees from the collective
unconscious. Visit our website.
http//www.omnicircus.com

The OMNICIRCUS will be having an open studio the afternoon of the Habib Khan
concert, Saturday Dec 5, from 12noon to 4pm, with robotic demonstrations,
music and more. Admission to the open house is free.

If you need further information (415) 621-4068
OPEN HOUSE * CONCERT * PARTY
Saturday, Dec 5, OMNICIRCUS open house from 12 noon - 4pm, CONCERT at 8pm
HABIB KHAN and Ensemble  - DEC 5   8 PM
http://www.omnicircus.com

VOLUNTEER at the OMNICIRCUS
Call 415.621.4068 for info

If you are getting this message it's either because you asked to be, or you
or a
friend contacted us, or some other list passed our message on, with or
without our knowledge. We are making and supporting progressive art, music
and
theater with no money behind us and no publicist, so WE ARE GRATEFUL for
those
of you who can pass on the word about our events. YOU DO NOT NEED OUR
PERMISSION
TO PASS ON THIS MESSAGE.

Some people don't want to be on our list, and we are happy to take you off,
but
WE NEED YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS to do so since we don't list names. If you ARE
on OUR list and don't want to be informed about some of the most important
and profound art and music of our time, just send a reply with the word
"remove" and you will be taken off.

IF WE DON"T HAVE YOUR ADDRESS ON OUR LIST, THEN WE ARE NOT SENDING YOU THIS
MAILING,
someone else is, and WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE. It's up to you to figure out
who is passing it on, and get them to take you off their list.

In our country we are rarely imprisoned for our ideas, because we're
already imprisoned by our ideas.

Now there's the sound of new drums...its the sound of people rising.
********   WORLD MUSIC for a NEW WORLD   ********

Frank Garvey
OmniCircus
550 Natoma, SF 94103