From:
Lori Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Feb 2002 22:36:44 -0600
John,
Salute!
VERY well said.....with one exception: I would take out the part about
European countries valuing art more than the US (OK, they might...but).  I
would point out that government levels of funding are decreasing rapidly in
Europe as well and many of their museums are being forced to find other
sources of funding without the tradition of philanthropy enjoyed by American
museums. Witness the new director of the Louvre who was hired for his
fundraising abilities.
Lori Allen,
Graduate Student, UMSL

"Well behaved women rarely make history."
                                  - Anonymous