From:
Peter Gale <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 24 Nov 2002 09:07:14 -0500
I am wondering if anyone has recently completed a master plan for the display of their collection and would be prepared to share it, or know
where such plans might be posted on museum sites.

I am particularly interested in the range of topics or matters that was covered by the plan (e.g. in addition to thematic or content objectives, did it
include such things as museum values, the organizational structure for the development and realization of the plan, audience research and
evaluation strategies, design and technology criteria, reserve collection display, etc.).

I would also appreciate any comments that you might have on how successful you were in realizing the plan (if you are at that point yet) and what
problems you may have encountered with it (i.e. things missing or overlooked, or things that were just not accomplished, for whatever reason).

Thanks in advance.

Peter Gale, Toronto