From:
Kerry DiGiacomo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 May 2001 15:39:11 -0400
*Posting for a colleague. Please reply to address below, not sender. Thank you.

I am with the Office of Policy and Analysis of the Smithsonian Institution.  We are currently conducting a broad-based study of collections management policy for the Smithsonian.  One part of the study involves identifying innovative approaches/best practices/non-traditional approaches to collecting, storage, and other areas of collections management.  We are doing literature searches and reviews and collecting names of people and of museums that are at the forefront of collections management.  However, we suspect there is more going on than finds its way into print, and are hoping people using the listserv can provide us with some suggestions on who to speak with/museums to visit that might offer some different and productive approaches to collections management.  Thanks.

Kerry Button
email: [log in to unmask]
Office of Policy and Analysis
Smithsonian Institution