Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 14:50:28 -0500
Dear Colleagues:

I regret to inform you that for reasons beyond our control, the exhibition
After Hours: The Museum Professional as Artist is being postponed and has been
rescheduled for 23 October 2001 - 27 January 2002.  We want to thank all of
those who have submitted material for consideration and apologize for any
inconvenience we might have caused.  We will gladly return all submitted
materials or we can retain all or a portion of them for consideration for the
rescheduled exhibition.  We will retain all submitted material unless
notified.  Below is the revised "Call for Submissions."  Please note the new
deadline for submission.

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

The Beach Museum of Art is organizing After Hours: The Museum Professional as
Artist, an exhibition scheduled to be on view from 23 October 2001 to 27
January 2002.  This exhibition will feature the work of visual artists who
also maintain a career as an art museum professional and will investigate the
ways in which their employment as a museum professional informs their art and
vice versa.  Professionals from all areas of museum operation (curators,
directors, educators, exhibition designers, preparators, publications, public
relations, registrars, etc.) are encouraged to participate.  There are no
restrictions on media.  A curatorial team composed of staff members of the
Beach Museum of Art will make the final selection of objects to be included in
the exhibition.  This is not a juried or competitive exhibition.

Those interested should send a letter of interest accompanied by a CV or
résumé and photographic materials (slides or prints) to:

"After Hours"
The Beach Museum of Art
Kansas State University
701 Beach Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506

Submissions received by 15 June 2001 will be considered.  Final selection will
be made by 1 August 2001.  The Museum will be responsible for all costs
associated with packing, shipping, and insurance.  For further information
contact Bill North, Senior Curator (785/532-7718  or  [log in to unmask]).  Please
pass along this information to colleagues at your institution as well as at
other museums.

Bill North
Senior Curator
The Marianna Kistler Beach Museum of Art
Kansas State University
701 Beach Lane
Manhattan, KS 66506
USA