From:
Maggie Harrer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 18 Feb 2002 13:26:31 EST
FORGIVE CROSS POSTING
Dear history and museum friends and Friends of the Water Works,
There is a final hearing on February 21 in Trenton on Bergen County's
historic Hackensack Water Co. site "demolition request," before the NJ
Historic Sites Advisory Council.  We would like to ask all those who support
saving this extraordinary National Historic Site to please e-mail, fax, write
or call the following list.

It is extremely important that the governmental bodies and individual elected
officials realize that saving a state and National historic site IS IMPORTANT
to a large number of citizens.  Your e-mail or fax can be very short and to
the point.    Here is a sample letter:
Dear         :
I am writing to request that you support saving, intact, the Historic
Hackensack Water Co. Site in Oradell, New Jersey.  Many of my friends,
co-workers, fellow citizens and neighbors and I believe that saving this site
is vital to preserving an important part of New Jersey's history, the
technology of water treatment and 100 years of irreplaceable intact
technology - steam to electricity.
Sincerely,
Name
Address
Phone/Fax

Please include your name and address, or they won't consider it as a valid
request from a citizen.  If you've already written, do it again.  They tend
to count numbers of correspondences.  As it is unclear if Commissioner
Bradley Campbell will be sworn in soon, please send letters to both the
Commissioner and Assistant Commisioner
Thank you for your continuing help and support of saving this important State
and National Historic Site.  We would appreciate you copying to WWC any
correspondence you do send.
All the best,
Maggie Harrer, President
and the Board of the Water Works Conservancy, Inc.
Phone: 201-967-0133
Fax: 201-967-7517

HERE IS THE LIST:
1)Commissioner Bradley Campbell
Department of Environmental Protection
     Division of Parks & Forestry, Historic Preservation Office
     PO Box 404
     Trenton, NJ 08625-9494
         Phone #: 609-292-2885
         Fax #:  609-   292-7695

2.    Assistant Commissioner Cari J. Wild
    New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection
    Division of Parks & Forestry, Historic Preservation Office
    PO Box 404
    Trenton, NJ 08625-9494
         Phone #:  609-292-3541
         Fax #: 609-984-0836

3.  Governor James McGreevey
40 West State Street
Trenton, NJ 08625-9494
Phone #: 609-777-3501
Fax #: 609-292-3454
http://www.state.nj.us/governor/contact.htm

4.   County Executive William "Pat" Schuber and Chairman Anthony Cassano and
the         Board of Chosen Freeholders
     One Bergen County Plaza
    Fifth Floor
    Hackensack, NJ 07601
    County Executive Phone: 201- 336-7300
                               Fax #: 201- 336-7304
                              E-Mail: [log in to unmask]

Bergen County Board of Chosen Freeholders Phone:  201-336-6200
                                        Fax #: 201- 336-6290