From:
David Harvey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2006 10:58:25 -0700
Meridith,

I lived in Williamsburg and worked at Colonial Williamsburg for many years.

Call staff at several local museums to see if they have local cold
storage facilities listed in their dissater preparedness plans - I'd
recommend talking to the conservator at the Mariner's Museum in
Newport News, or the APVA at Jamestown ReDiscovery on Jamestown Island
or at Colonial Williamsburg or the Chrysler Musuem of Art in Norfolk.

There is also The Virginia Conservation Association that maintains a
disaster response chair and list of resources and volunteers to help
in the region. You can google the name and find their web site and
contact information.

The yellow pages might also be a help if all you need is a cold
storage facility (there's probably one in Suffolk or just across the
James River in Newport News.

Cheers!
Dave

David Harvey