From:
VivianLea Stevens <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jun 2002 12:25:07 -0400
Hi George and List....I agree that an integrated approach is always the
best and easiest way to go.  The National Park Service has recently
launched its online catalog which can be seen and searched at
http://www.museum.nps.gov/splashsearch.htm. (This is different from the
photo collections at HFC (Harper's Ferry Cente).)  Over the next year or
two, more and more parks will be adding data to this valuable tool.  NPS
uses Re:discovery Software to catalog their collections and uses
Re:discovery for Internet to make it searchable on the web.

For other folks using this product, you can go to the Re:discovery
website at http://www.rediscov.com/internet.htm and follow the links out
to our clients.  (While on the site, check us out and if you'd like a
free demo, please sign our guestbook!)

If anyone would like to contact me offlist or at the number below, I'll
be happy to answer any questions you might have.  Best, VivianLea Stevens

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> There are several ways to go about posting your collection images online.
>
> One of the best ways is to build a database that has a good web interface.
> It can then be integrated directly with your collection management tasks.

-
VivianLea Stevens
Regional Sales Manager
Re:discovery Software, Inc.