From:
Eric Siegel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Jul 1997 12:30:36 -0300
> Let's not try to be so exclusive.  It is important to remember the small
> museums which are not yet on line, and those which probably will not be
> connected in the near future, not to mention the students who receive AVISO
> as part of their student membership rate.  AVISO in print still reaches an
> otherwise excluded constituency.
>
> I don't want to see AAM become a web-users-only organization.

I'm kind of surprised, all us NFP intellectual property types should
recognize this dilemna:

PR Person: Let's put the job listings on the Web...
Finance Person: But what about all the lost revenue from
memberships/subscriptions?

The Chronicle of Philanthropy had a good balance:  they post their job
listings on the Web two or three weeks after the print version.

Eric Siegel
Who is no longer looking at job listings
because he is so happy at his new job.