From:
Chantel Cummings <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Jan 1997 20:08:52 -0500
I am the registrar for the Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens in
Jacksonville, Florida--the first this museum has ever had.  I am
trying to work out the wording for our new loan forms as well as
a loan policy.  Recently we have put on several juried shows by
local artists as well as exhibitions featuring the collections of
local artists and collectors.  Our most recent exhibition closed
this last Sunday, and I am struggling to return artwork to the lenders.
Is there any standard for how long a museum is allowed to take
to return artwork to individual lenders?  Due to the recent
acquisition of a $2 million painting and rolling out the red carpet
for our trustees (and benefactors who helped pay for it), I am
not able to personally deliver these items until the week of
February 10.  Unfortunately, several of the lenders feel this is
too long to wait and are kicking up a fuss about the delay.
(It is important to note that the people causing the most
problem are local/neighborhood people who don't want to come
to the museum to pick up their artwork.)

Can any of you get in touch with me and offer some solutions
or feedback?  Any help with the loan forms would be greatly
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Chantel Y. Cummings
Registrar
Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens