From:
Ross Weeks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Oct 1997 11:37:40 -0400
Thanks to those who've responded to my query about giving out limited
"guest tickets" to members at renewal time, in place of the 15-year-old
policy of unlimited guest privileges for members.

I'm particularly grateful for having a rationale for having an expiration
date on the "guest tickets."  In our particular case, it's difficult to get
even the members to visit at least once a year, so we would probably have a
two-year time limit.

Because we do try to attract family reunions as a way of enticing other
folks to visit (we have a five-acre settlement of original log & stone
buildings from this mountainous region), we offer members a reduced rental
rate for our picnic facilities, and then charge a group rate so non-members
buying that reduced-rate admission can visit our galleries and the
settlement and, of course, purchase gifts.  Sometimes they don't have time
for that but they do patronize our "country store."

Ross Weeks