From:
Teri Pope <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 May 2002 14:03:21 -0700
OK, my contribution.  At Sutter's Fort, many years
ago, we had an exhibit of 19th century dresses.  Since
they were all later than the fort's active period
(1840s), the exhibit was removed when the new
interpretive plan was instituted.  For our summer
program, our interpreters are dressed in 1840s gear,
as do our docents the rest of the year.  Last summer,
while sitting in Sutter's office (situated near where
the dress exhibit had been), dressed as thus, I was
approached by a woman visiting with her granddaughter.
 She asked me what had become of the clothing exhibit
and I informed her that it had been removed several
years ago and the reason why.  Her reply was, "Oh.
Well, its too bad she can't see the clothes of the
period!"  I gently pointed out that that was the
reason why we dressed as we did!  She still didn't get
it!

--- "Reynolds, Jennifer" <[log in to unmask]>

href="http://www.geocities.com/marina_daiman">www.geocities.com/marina_daima
> n</a>

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed
> information about the listserv commands by sending a
> one line e-mail message
> to [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "help"
> (without the quotes).
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
> message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

> Important Subscriber Information:
>
> The Museum-L FAQ file is located at
> http://www.finalchapter.com/museum-l-faq/ . You may
> obtain detailed information about the listserv
> commands by sending a one line e-mail message to
> [log in to unmask] . The body of the
>
> If you decide to leave Museum-L, please send a one
> line e-mail message to [log in to unmask]
> . The body of the message should read "Signoff
> Museum-L" (without the quotes).

=====
Teri Pope
Historian--Researcher--Adventuress