From:
Kim Terbush Watson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Feb 2005 08:16:48 -0500
Here at the VA War Memorial, we collect items such as the photographs you
discussed. In our collection we have photos taken by an American soldier
when his unit liberated POW camps in Germany.  The photos can be donated to
any institution which discusses WWII, holocaust museums, history museums,
and Memorials such as the one I work for. As far as I know, there should be
no legal ramifications regarding the family having the photos. It has been
about 50 years since they were taken and unless they are stamped "property
of the US Army" they should belong legally to the family.

I hope the family was able to hear some of the stories regarding their
father/grandfather's service during WWII.

Kimberly Terbush Watson
Collections Manager
Virginia War Memorial
621 South Belvidere Street
Richmond, VA 23220-6504
804-786-2060
804-338-9010

"Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that
men have died to win them" Franklin D. Roosevelt, 12/15/1941