From:
Roger Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 12 May 2006 18:15:04 +1200
Welcome to this edition of DINOSAURNEWS - the international Dinosaur Webzine
with bite!

This Week's Headlines: (For the FULL STORY visit the NEWS section of the
webzine at this address: http://www.dinosaurnews.org )

**  Lebanese soil gives up dinosaur teeth
Palaeontologists have uncovered the first dinosaur remains in Lebanon,
adding evidence to the theory that millions of years ago the Middle East was
covered with forests where giant reptiles roamed

**  Some assembly required
Children on field trips, museum staff and the general public gathered during
the final moments of construction Tuesday afternoon to watch as the final
piece of the dinosaur's cast fit into place with the assistance of a
forklift

**  Billy Gets Dino Dung Bling
The Big Yin is sporting a "dino-diamond", made from 150million-year-old
droppings

**  Italians make dinosaur discovery
A team from the Natural History Museum at Lerici near Genoa have discovered
Titanosaurus bones that could change the accepted picture of the huge
leaf-eating beast
lists. Simply send an email to: [log in to unmask]

**  Plants 'recently' developed flowers
Some scientists believe that changes in the nature of plant-eating dinosaurs
may have provided the impetus for plants to invent flowers

**  Dinosaur Defender
Can you stop the Dromaeosaurus raptors from attacking the Euoplocephalus
babies?

**  Feature Site - Fort Peck Paleontology
A unique, three-way partnership between the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service,
Fort Peck Paleontology, Inc., and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers has made
this world-class interpretive center a reality

**  Museum to launch Adopt-A-Bone drive
With about $4 million still to raise, the museum is beginning what it calls
its "Adopt-A-Bone" program - it is asking corporations to "spon-saur" the
dinosaurs, with the promise to give their employees early access to the new
exhibition hall before it opens late next year

**  Unearthing a new spirit
When Rob and Ian Ievers found what looked like a fossilised bone protruding
from a washout on their family property, Marathon, the discovery changed
their lives and altered the fortunes of their town

**  Artist at work
Painter Anne Hughes of Charleston, Ill., has set up a mini art studio
underneath the Giganotosaurus dinosaur replica on the museum's main floor

**  Dinosaur Traces found in Kosong
Scholars have confirmed that a fossil discovered earlier this year in Kosong
is the skin impression of a dinosaur

DINOSAURNEWS webzine now read in 80 countries. Hundreds of Dinosaur Books,
The latest Dinosaur News, Dinosaur Games, Dinolinks and a Dinomall. Read
something ferocious this week: http://www.dinosaurnews.org

**  SEND US YOUR NEWS: Does your Museum have a dinosaur focus? Put us on
your media database. We welcome your news of events, discoveries and
exhibitions

GET YOUR LOCAL MUSEUM TO ADD our RSS news feed to their web site, at this
address: http://www4.wave.co.nz/~jollyroger/dino2004/dinosaur.xml

What our readers say:
I must say first that I subscribe to your E-mail news letters and read them
voraciously for book ideas. The news blurbs are such a wonderful service to
us dino fanciers!
Christine Gentry - author of 'Mesozoic Murder 'and 'Carnosaur Crimes'

Thank you for an interesting, useful site. I recommend it to teachers who
continue to contact me after 6 years of retirement. I also volunteer at the
local science museum and recommend your site to the many children who visit
it.
Marvin Selnes, Sioux Falls, SD

Thank You for the excellent coverage you've given my ongoing research.
Best regards,
Marilyn D. Wegweiser, Ph.D., Affiliate Faculty, Idaho Museum of Natural
History