From:
Kathy Paparchontis <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Dec 1998 09:01:16 -0800
Hi Aric,

The Society of American Archivists has "Starting an Archives" by Eliz
Yakel. Published 1994, so I suppose they still sell this.

It covers everything from planning your archival program to appendices with

samples of forms (deed of gift, etc.), a great biblio essay and a useful

Hope this helps.
Kathy Paparchontis
K & D, Associates, Editorial Services

>>> Aric Peery <[log in to unmask]> 12/21 9:07 PM >>>
Can anyone recommend a good source of information on setting up an archives
from scratch? I looked at the Society of Amercian Archivists book catalog,
but none of the titles seemed to deal with the basics of getting started
(unless I overlooked it). Any leads?

Aric Peery