From:
Alyssa Rosso <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Sep 2007 13:32:02 -0400
We have a very generic photo release form that we use when we photograph
visitors in our museum. One for adults, and a second type for minors. We're
reevaluating our photo release proceedure and were looking for guidance on
how other museums handle their photo releases. Here are a few of our
questions:

1) Do you have every photograph accompanied by a release? If yes, do you
have a successful organizing strategy on keeping related photos and releases
together?

2) Do you have different policies for photos designated for marketing purposes
(advertisments, billboards, brochures, etc.) vs. public relations/promotional
purposes (for journalists, website, newsletter, etc.)

3) Do you have different policies for adults vs. children?

4) Is there ever a time when you don't need to have a photo release?

5) Is there language that you reccommend we include?

6) Have you ever needed to fall back on your release because the person
photographed didn't want their image used? Or worse, have you ever been in
the same situation but didn't have a photo release? What happened?

Thanks for your help with this.

Alyssa

---
Alyssa Rosso