From:
Robbin Murphy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 28 Feb 1994 23:19:19 -0500
Here is a summary of the responses I received about my
NY Times postings:

Negatives: 2
One said if he wanted to read the NYT he'd subscribe and that my posts
were a breech of net-etiquitte. The other was concerned with overloading
systems with unwanted information (good point).

Positives or accepting: 31 (there were also 10 or so messages before
I kept track either thanking me or asking questions)

Of these:
6 said they read the NYT
13 said the NYT was either too costly or not available to them
4 mentioned my "point-of-view"
7 mentioned searching for articles I posted
9 said they were interested in ToC's and other summaries
9 said they might pay for a service like this
1 said they would not pay for a service like this
1 was a fan of Blind Melon
1 admitted drinking coffee at his terminal (naughty, naughty)
3 sent their responses to my America Online address: [log in to unmask]
0 sent their responses to my address at The Thing
5 were from Canada
1 each from Taiwan and South Africa

That's it.

Robbin Murphy