From:
Indigo Nights <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Feb 1999 17:27:55 -0800
You know, I've stayed out of this discussion for the last couple of
days.  We all know the volunteer from hell--hell, you or I might even
be that in certain circumstances or under someone else's subjective
eyes.

If you have direct involvement with volunteers and/or, more
importantly, are a volunteer program manager for your museum, you
might want to consider signing on to the CYBERVPM (Cyber Volunteer
Program Manager) list where issues such as dealing with the difficult
volunteer are discussed.  It might help to put your head together with
other professionals who are or have been dealing with just these types
of topics.

I believe the information below is the instruction for enrollment:

To the address below:

Send an email with no subject line and where the body reads:

subscribe cybervpm firstname lastname

Substitute your first name for first name and your last name for last
name.

Generally speaking, there are somewhere in the vicinity of 10 messages
or so a day.

I have mentioned this thread to the list owner, and she has assured me
it would be quite welcome.

Gayle M. Montgomery
Southern California

---Jane Sproull Thomson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Robert, one thing in your story really hit home, as I've learned the
lesson
> from hard experience and lots of soul-searching once or twice during
my
> museum admin days.
==
Indigo Nights