From:
John Chadwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 27 Mar 1997 07:51:21 -0700
Heidi,

If a knob can be turned or adjusted, a visitor will find a way to do it. I have
even seen people push monitors back into cabinets to get at the controls. I
have even seen people hover over a computer (a Mac) during bootup and manage to
get to the desktop in between the time between the computer comes up and the
application launches. I think I have seen just about everything possible, but I
am always surprised to see what visitors can and will do with computers and
computer programs in exhibits.

When you do lock a computer and a monitor in a cabinet make sure to provide for
ventilation, the monitor can get nice and toasty.

--john