From:
Wayne Hart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Museum discussion list [to be moved from UMN on Aug 1]
Date:
Mon, 22 Jul 1996 19:13:23 -0400
>We'll be happy with just museum name, city, state & a brief description. But
>if you know any of these other bits of data, all the better. Don't forget to
>give us your name/e-mail info at least so we may properly thank you.

Prepared by Wayne Hart.  [log in to unmask]

Museum name: Museum of Valor
City/State:  Spotsylvania, Virginia 22553
Brief descrip: Military History Museum located in basement of private
residence.  Open by appointment.
Telephone number:  (540) 582-2043
Street address:  P.O. Box 1165
Fax number &/or E-mail: e-mail  [log in to unmask]
Contact person (owner, curator): Wayne Hart
Particular items, displays, etc. that you like: W.W.I Nurse Martha Perkins
story. John M. Peterson 1st Division W.W.I & son John M. Peterson US Navy
(Killed in action) W.W.II.  Wonderful account of the sacrifice made by our
servicemen in the World Wars.  Dry eyes never leave this exhibit.  Exhibits
have been visited by representatives of the Joint Chiefs of Staff.
Anything special about its ambiance, structure, staff: Narrated exhibits
Are there sites, scenes, etc. close by that a visitor would also like to know
about?:Close to Spotsylvania Courthouse Civil War Battlefield
For any descriptive copy you send, OK to quote you [see editing note above]?
Yes