From:
John Handley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jun 1996 00:15:24 EDT
    I curated an exhibition last year at the Vineyard Christian
    Fellowship in San Francisco.  The exhibition was titled, Modern
    Expresions of Spirituality, and highlighted about fifty works of
    paintings, photography, mixed media, and sculpture.  The
    exhibition was open to all artists in the United States, and works
    from several states was accepted.  This exhibition was part of a
    conference titled, From Creature to Creator, and included
    workshops, lecturers, performances, and the exhibition.

    The previous year, I did a holiday exhibition titled, My Life As A
    Child.  This was an installation that focused on the personal
    childhood memories of eight individuals from various ethnic
    backgrounds.  Also included in this exhibition were interactive
    components, such as a working 1970s arcade game; a 1950s
    livingroom where you could sit and listen to old radio shows and
    eat popcorn; a table where you could sit and write about your own
    childhood memories, etc.

    Both of these exhibition were well received.  The Vineyard
    Christian Fellowship is an evangelical, somewhat
    non-denominational church that often attracts (there are over
    400 such churches in the U.S. alone) large congregations of
    artsy-types.

    Hope this is helpful.  I would be most interested in hearing more
    on this subject.

    John Handley

    San Francisco