From:
Ann Kiewel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 19 Mar 1996 08:47:45 -0500
We don't do a lot of general research and what little we do we don't charge
for.  We also don't often loan items out, so do not have a policy for that.
However, we are just in the process of developing a policy and fee schedule
for photo and other archival material usage for commercial and non-profit
publication.  Therefore, we are very interested in your findings as well as
what you charge for this service.  Two area museums that we contacted
charge $100 and $50 respectively for the use of a photo.  We are considering
charging $50, above the actual charge for making the photo, negative or
copy.

Please let us know what you find out from other museums.

Thank you and good luck!

Laurie
Holland Museum
Holland, MI