From:
William Low <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 12 Apr 2000 09:45:09 -0400
Mark,
Yes, some kind of buffered tissue for prints and unbuffered for photographs. Of course it is nice to have something (semi)transparent so you can see what is there and reduce handling and sliding (glassine?). For prints I have become a big fan of mylar folders with a 2ply
support/buffer inside. These are easily labelled, they are great for grouping (interleaving) small numbers of prints, works are easily handled and supported and you can see what is inside. They can be made to your specs. (size and mil thickness) - so are excellent for larger format
work and if purchased from a manufacturer they are not prohibitively expensive. As storage becomes increasingly (over)crowded and there is less room for traditional matting, these have become invaluable.
Bill Low