From:
Jim Sturgill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Sep 2005 11:53:22 -0400
Sorry to bring up an old issue, but hope to hear some feedback from the
folks who posted about this topic three years ago to see if their opinions
have changed or if they still feel the way that they do.

We recently opened a hands-on gallery in our museum, and are planning to
host birthday parties in the space.  We aren't going to provide food
service, but are going to offer use of our kitchen facility if required.

What challenges have other history museums faced with this type of
activity?  Those respondents who replied in May of 2002 (if you remember
responding)...how are things going for you all with these parties?  We want
to make sure to dot our "i's" and cross our "t's" before we jump into this
one.  Thanks in advance for everyone's input.

Jim Sturgill
Mahoning Valley Historical Society