From:
David Allen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 26 Mar 1994 12:06:35 GMT
British news reports on the new displays of the crown jewels
indicated that the moving walkways would only be used during
busy times to reduce congestion. This is only hearsay, I have
not tried it for myself yet.

This is part of a growing trend - visitor experiences like
Yorvik in York seem to want to whisk their visitors through
without the option of stopping to take in something which
has caught the imagination. I can sympathise with the museums
and galleries trying to avoid congestion but as a paying
visitor I want the option to spend as much or as little time
with the exhibits as I choose.

--
David Allen, Librarian
The Horniman Museum and Gardens