From:
Lynn Ewbank <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 09:54:07 -0500
The Arkansas History Commission, a division of the Arkansas Department of
Parks and Tourism,  announces the opening of its Stage One Digitization
grant project that will put nearly 13,000 historical Arkansas images online.

Visit the main project page at http://www.ark-ives.com/photo

From there, cyber visitors can view the "Gallery" - a sample image with a
short description for each collection included in the project.

Those wanting to search for Arkansas images can click on "Search" which
accesses our OPAC.  Enter "Arkansas" to access all images (1500+ available
today and the rest to follow in coming days).  To access an item in the
search results, click on "View" to display the MARC record.  Scroll down to
view the imbedded thumbnail.  Double-click on the thumbnail to view a larger
low-resolution image.

To purchase an image click on "Buy" on the main photo page.  Print the order
form and mail with payment to the AHC.  In addition, we are currently
working to provide online purchasing, payment and delivery of high
resolution images.

The AHC SOD project was funded by the Arkansas Natural and Cultural
Resources Council and supported by the Arkansas State Library.  To learn
more or to access many of our project papers, click on "SOD project."

Comments and questions should be sent to [log in to unmask]

Thanks,

Lynn Ewbank, photo archivist
Arkansas History Commission
One Capitol Mall