Date:
Tue, 4 Jun 2013 19:43:56 -0500
Colleagues,

I am thinking about not re-applying for my current term position and looking for other employment.

I am currently the sole employee of a federal museum and due to budget cuts, have been doing the work of 2.5 full-time personnel for the last 3 years.  My term of employment will be over in the next year or so and the current federal sequestration/ furlough has me thinking sooner rather than later what the San Antonio area might have to offer someone looking to start a family (no more 70+ hour weeks).

Does anyone have any leads on full or part time employment for a museum professional?  Some of my education/ qualifications:

-Master of Science in Historic Preservation
-Bachelor of Arts in Archeology & Museum Studies
-Certificate in Museum Studies
-3 years as Director/Curator/Event Planner (current position)
-6 years as Curatorial, Archival, and/or Registrar Assistant
-4 years as a Library Circulation Supervisor
-Federal government agency experience (National Park Service, DoD, National Archives, Smithsonian)

If anyone has heard of current openings or may know of potential future openings (full time is preferred, benefits not necessary, but anything paid is gladly accepted), please contact me so I can apply/provide a full CV.

Respectfully,

Mrs. Terri Bedore-Andersen