From:
"Robert A. Baron" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:16:03 -0500
At 03:05 PM 2/11/98 -500, Wendy Watson wrote:
>I think I recall a query about collections of plaster casts in US museums
>not long ago on the list, but I never made a note of who it was who
>inquired. We have a rather large collection here at the Mount Holyoke
>College Art Museum, and I would love to compare notes with others who have
>such holdings. In addition, I'm looking for something specific right now:
>plaster casts of Roman portrait heads, in particular partraits of Faustina
>the Elder, wife of Antoninus Pius, or other Roman empresses.
>
>Please reply on or off list, as you prefer and as others might think
>useful.

Maryly Snow (Librarian, Architecture Slide Library, Department of
Architecture, University of California, Berkeley --
[log in to unmask]) has been working on a paper concerning the use of
"surrogates" to teach art and art history. The use of plaster casts is one
of her topics and she may have compiled sufficient information by now to be
of some use to you.

Town Meeting on Copyright and Digital Images:
November 26, Toronto with College Art Assn.
http://www.pipeline.com/~rabaron/ttm/TTM.htm
Robert A. Baron
mailto:[log in to unmask]
http://www.pipeline.com/~rabaron/