From:
Nickie Bouvier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 10 Sep 1996 15:18:42 -0400
The Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES) has
posted its new web site at

www.si.edu/organiza/offices/sites/homepage/start.htm.

(Yes, it is long, but being part of the federal gov't we are obliged to make
everything as complicated as possible.)   :)

Our goal is to have the site be an information resource for museums that
host our traveling exibitions, as well as the general public.  It contains
descriptions, specifications, and current itineraries for all SITES' traveling
exhibitions, a schedule of venues organized by state, news and press
releases, and sample educational/curriculum materials.  There are a
couple sections still under construction, but the majority of the site is up
and (as far as we can tell) functioning well.

We're looking for as much feeback as possible, so we can fix any
problems when we put up the rest of the pages.  Please direct any and
all comments to my e-mail - thanks!

Nickie

Nicole M. Bouvier
Scheduling & Exhibitor Relations Director
Smithsonian Institution Traveling Exhibition Service (SITES)
202.357.3168 x120  phone
202.357.4324  fax