From:
David Formanek <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 21:41:02 EST
In a message dated 3/18/99 8:37:36 PM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>The Geology Museum on the Unveristy of Wisconsin campus has on display
>the
>Boaz Mastadon (famous all over the world in Wisconsin).

Harvard University Museum of Comparative Zoology has the Harvard Mastodon,
found in New Jersey.

How many skeletons of mastodons and mammoths are in museums in US and World?

I read in a recent Discover magazine that attempts are being made in Japan to
clone or back breed mammoths for Pleistocene Park in eastern Russia.

David Formanek
Cyrus E. Dallin Art Museum
Arlington MA 02476 USA